Skip to main content

August/September 2009

August came and went....in a flash. Along with September.

We spent many refreshing days lounging by the pool, enjoyed late nights outside until it became dark and we just enjoyed each other and the fun being a family brings. School started at the end of August. The 3 youngest children began their first year in uniforms. I am very excited about the fact that I don't have to worry about 'clothing drama' every morning. Jasmine started her senior year and began depleting my bank account with classes that require hundreds of dollars for books and concurrent enrollment etc. Free, public education you say?

I spent a few days back and forth between Utah and California taking care of my parents. Definitely a challenge to be caring for the elderly long distance. We picked a house model to build and found a suitable lot. Money has been put down and the upcoming design center day is just around the corner. We will miss our friends in this neighborhood but are welcoming a new adventure. We all have cars and phones, right? Speaking of cars, we purchased a new (to us) Honda Odyssey. It has leather interior and believe it or not, one of those DVD players... something we have used 1 time in almost 2 months. It's a nice car and we are happy with it.

I began working in our Groups department again which brings different challenges to our family. I work during business hours so Malcolm tends to the kids and the carpooling. He's such a trooper. We make a good team and the kids get lots of attention from dad.

I think that about sums it up.

Comments

  1. You're moving too? I had no idea. I would love it if you visited me. I love our ward, don't you? Where are you moving to? Anyway, sounds like you're good- and staying sooooo busy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EIGHT PLANES AND SEVEN DAYS

UNDER THE GUISE OF HOMESCHOOLING , Lizzie and I took a trip! Our plan was to visit friends and family in North Carolina and then head on over to DC for a little history lesson . Day ONE: 3/26/09 SLC - LAS 7:45 AM L izzie and I met up with my friend and co-worker Jennifer at the airport that morning. She and her husband Mark were headed to DC until we could get out there. The flight was uneventful other than some turbulence . We got a bite to eat in the Las Vegas Airport and waited for the next flight. 3/26/09 LAS -JFK The flight leaving out of Vegas was extremely terrifying. At one point the flight attendant, Janie had to tell me 'it's going to be ok , Joanie' as she was hanging on for dear life in the back. I mean come on. I'm not a wimp . Even the seasoned professional was flying in fear! JOHN F KENNEDY AIRPORT NEW YORK HIGHLIGHTS We had a little bit of a layover so we ordered food with Jennifer and Mark. First day on the trip, the airport food didn't

TINY GIRL, BIG MOMENT

HOW DO OUR LITTLE ONES GROW UP RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES... Ellie Mae, who will be turning five on the 31st, is small for her age. She still wears a size 3. She has tiny feet, tiny legs and a sweet, tiny voice. To this mother, she is still my baby. Friday night, May 15th, 2009 Jacque's Preschool of Taylorsville , Utah gave the thumbs up for Miss Ellie to enter Kindergarten this coming fall. How can this be? Something must have happened when I wasn't looking. I want to go back.... But we cannot. Our sweet tiny baby will not allow it. She is intelligent, confident, prepared and above all, she wants to let her own little light shine. I must let go of the apron strings. Life moves forward. Here's to your own journey Miss Ellie Mae. I love you with all that I am. Shine brightly. mom

THE GREAT GOAL SETTER STRIKES AGAIN

HERE ARE MY TWO FAVORITE THINGS (other than family). Something to shoot with and something to edit with. I have a passion for photography. I love to take action shots, close ups, still shots, pictures of nature, kids, you name it, I like to shoot it. I took many classes in B&W film back when it actually _was_ film. I spent many hours in the dark room but as the children came, and responsibilities grew, the time I was able to devote to my hobby dwindled. Someone suggested we get a digital camera. The side of me that doesn't do change well thought I would never enjoy a digital camera the way I do my manual one. But once I got a hold of my first digital camera and realized that the possibilities are endless (mostly that I can take a thousand shots to get the right one without paying to develop them all!), I was hooked. But there was one small problem. The shutter delay was annoying. I would see this adorable child in the view finder and push the button and .... where&