Skip to main content

morning walk on the beach

i am on a trip to southern and mid california for my doTERRA business to train a few leaders and teach a class.  i came a day early to take some time to get grounded and have some much needed alone time.  

the hotel i am staying in has a new state of the art gym with updated modern equipment and such but i decided to ditch the cold, lifeless gym here at the hotel and at 5:40 am, drove to sunset beach to watch the sun 'rise'.  

while there, i took off my running shoes (since i don't run, this made perfect sense) and walked along the shoreline for my morning exercise.  i played a bit with the surf, trying to capture my toes in the sand with my uncooperative camera.  got wet (of course).  i then collected some seashells for the girls that will surely break in my suitcase on the way home.  

i was smiling from ear to ear.  i haven't enjoyed something like this for a very long time.  i sure do love coming home.... 

here are a few highlights of the interesting things i encountered during my impromptu morning at the beach.


A surfing boy (normal), 




some happy little birds (normal) 



and a tractor (abnormal)  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EIGHT PLANES AND SEVEN DAYS

UNDER THE GUISE OF HOMESCHOOLING , Lizzie and I took a trip! Our plan was to visit friends and family in North Carolina and then head on over to DC for a little history lesson . Day ONE: 3/26/09 SLC - LAS 7:45 AM L izzie and I met up with my friend and co-worker Jennifer at the airport that morning. She and her husband Mark were headed to DC until we could get out there. The flight was uneventful other than some turbulence . We got a bite to eat in the Las Vegas Airport and waited for the next flight. 3/26/09 LAS -JFK The flight leaving out of Vegas was extremely terrifying. At one point the flight attendant, Janie had to tell me 'it's going to be ok , Joanie' as she was hanging on for dear life in the back. I mean come on. I'm not a wimp . Even the seasoned professional was flying in fear! JOHN F KENNEDY AIRPORT NEW YORK HIGHLIGHTS We had a little bit of a layover so we ordered food with Jennifer and Mark. First day on the trip, the airport food didn't

FLUTE FEDERATION

SATURDAY AFTERNOON, we all headed downtown to the University of Utah for Flute Federation. It's an event whereby the student plays a memorized piece and they are judged by professional flutists in the area. It is not a competition, they are judged only against themselves and they are given a score and feedback which helps them to know where they need to devote more time or where they are already skilled. This was Jasmine's first Federation and she was quite nervous but did very well. She performed a Concerto in G Major by Quantz. We do not have the feedback sheets yet but she did receive a 'superior' which is the highest score she could have gotten. Way to go honey!! walking out the door

TINY GIRL, BIG MOMENT

HOW DO OUR LITTLE ONES GROW UP RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES... Ellie Mae, who will be turning five on the 31st, is small for her age. She still wears a size 3. She has tiny feet, tiny legs and a sweet, tiny voice. To this mother, she is still my baby. Friday night, May 15th, 2009 Jacque's Preschool of Taylorsville , Utah gave the thumbs up for Miss Ellie to enter Kindergarten this coming fall. How can this be? Something must have happened when I wasn't looking. I want to go back.... But we cannot. Our sweet tiny baby will not allow it. She is intelligent, confident, prepared and above all, she wants to let her own little light shine. I must let go of the apron strings. Life moves forward. Here's to your own journey Miss Ellie Mae. I love you with all that I am. Shine brightly. mom