Skip to main content

muchado about nothing

it has been over a year since i have blogged about anything.  important or otherwise.  since malcolm and i went into the business of being in business and the whole entrepreneur life, everything has changed.  we are busier than ever but not in a way that is unpleasant or displeasing.  we are enjoying the shift but change has a price.  the price for us has been how we spend our free time or lack thereof as of late.

tonight i had a project to work on and i chose to watch a TV series instead.  i don't even know what the title is...something about a candle and a lark?  the bbc has great programming and while i am choosing to avoid my work (the script for a video series i am going to film tuesday) just 'being' is kind of nice for now.

it is my intention to pick up some blog time in the near future as to chronicle the crazy mixed up activities of our life but until then...i'm going to sit and do nothing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TINY GIRL, BIG MOMENT

HOW DO OUR LITTLE ONES GROW UP RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES... Ellie Mae, who will be turning five on the 31st, is small for her age. She still wears a size 3. She has tiny feet, tiny legs and a sweet, tiny voice. To this mother, she is still my baby. Friday night, May 15th, 2009 Jacque's Preschool of Taylorsville , Utah gave the thumbs up for Miss Ellie to enter Kindergarten this coming fall. How can this be? Something must have happened when I wasn't looking. I want to go back.... But we cannot. Our sweet tiny baby will not allow it. She is intelligent, confident, prepared and above all, she wants to let her own little light shine. I must let go of the apron strings. Life moves forward. Here's to your own journey Miss Ellie Mae. I love you with all that I am. Shine brightly. mom

FLUTE FEDERATION

SATURDAY AFTERNOON, we all headed downtown to the University of Utah for Flute Federation. It's an event whereby the student plays a memorized piece and they are judged by professional flutists in the area. It is not a competition, they are judged only against themselves and they are given a score and feedback which helps them to know where they need to devote more time or where they are already skilled. This was Jasmine's first Federation and she was quite nervous but did very well. She performed a Concerto in G Major by Quantz. We do not have the feedback sheets yet but she did receive a 'superior' which is the highest score she could have gotten. Way to go honey!! walking out the door

Purge of a Lifetime

For the past eighteen months, my life has been in a complete transformation so much that parts of me are unrecognizable.  This is a good thing but making monumental changes can use up a lot of energy.  I had been so focused on finding myself, creating a thriving business and building a different relationship with my kids that many things were neglected, mainly housework. After pushing hard in business, transforming my being and making a major effort to connect with my kids at a whole new level, the time had come to shift the energy of the home as well.   On June 2, we embarked on an overhaul of the upper floor.  I can't say that I was excited about it but it was time and from somewhere deep inside, I mustered up the energy to put my shoulder to the wheel and push along...for nine long and labor intensive days.  Everyone laughed at me when I scheduled 10 days for this project but as the days wore on, it was apparent that I may actually have some ...